2. Schedule your “NWOBS Circle Up! Virtual Party” for 6 p.m., Sept.25— to connect with your guests before the livestream pre-cast starts at 6:30 p.m. Pro-tip: schedule your meeting without a password, enable video for host and participants, and disable the waiting room.
3. Send invitations. Zoom has an option to copy the invite information and paste it into your email.
4. Suggested message: Please join me Saturday, September 25 on Zoom for Northwest Outward Bound School's Virtual Circle Up Gala! We are looking for ways to connect again and this is one way we can gather while supporting NWOBS' life-changing wilderness and experiential programming. Let’s watch the livestream together. (add any fun details you would like — encourage everyone to enjoy their favorite beverage, suggest snacks, etc.) You can RSVP at nwobs.ejoinme.org/circleup2021. I hope you will also consider making a gift to this incredible organization. Please let me know if you can be there!
5. Register yourself and any other participants in your household for Circle Up.
6. On Sept. 25, open your Zoom meeting early. Go to the event website and test the share screen function in the bottom bar of the video window and wait for your guests to arrive. Try the share screen function with your guests so everyone is comfortable with the technology. Make sure they have their phones ready so they are able to bid!
7. Spend some time connecting with your people, share why Northwest Outward Bound School is important to you. At 6:30 p.m. share your screen and ask folks to mute. You should all be able to see each other in minimized video windows along the side of the screen. Open up the chat function and send messages to each other. Be sure to take a screenshot of your group! Send it to us at [email protected] and also post it to your social media using #NWOBSCircleUp.
8. Close out your night with tons of gratitude for your guests and their generosity.
*Important Note: We recommend signing up for a Zoom Pro Account so your session doesn't have a time limit (Basic Accounts typically have a 40 minute time limit). However, if you're signing up for Basic Account for the first-time, you will receive a complementary session with no time limit!
Table Crew hosts will receive a 25% discount from NWOBS Gear Shop for the month of September!
Sign Up for Updates
Stay informed on Northwest Outward Bound School news and updates! Please fill out the form below to begin receiving our email newsletter.